You must be here because you’re looking for a simple orange cake recipe.
Now if you are like me, you like coffee and making coffee, you might also like having a small (or big) piece of cake with your coffee.
But if you are like me then you don’t like baking either, but I do like eating cake.
So here’s a super easy orange cake recipe for a moist and fragrant cake to make at home that doesn’t take a long time to make and doesn’t make much mess (optional).
Simple orange cake recipe
- English cake pan
- 2 eggs
- Around 2.3 ounces (66 grams) of sugar
- 2.7oz (80 ml) of oil
- Half a cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- A zest of an orange peel (optional)
- Around 1.1 cups (140 grams) of white flour
- One full spoon of baking powder
Heat up the oven to around 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius) and oil the cake pan.
Mix (with a mixer or by hand with a whisk) the eggs and sugar for around half a minute.
Add oil, orange juice and orange peel zest and mix.
In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking powder and then toss it in with the mixture.
Mix lightly to combine everything, (Over mixing will ruin the fluffiness of the cake so be careful)
Pour the cake batter into the oiled pan and insert into the hot oven.
Bake for around 30~ minutes, stick a toothpick in if it comes out dry it means its ready.
And done! If everything went right, you got your self a deliciously simple orange cake recipe to make any time you want something with your hot coffee or tea.
What drink should I make with this orange cake recipe?
Well my recommendation for a drink with orange cake is vanilla latte.
The smoothness of steamed milk infused with vanilla syrup goes perfect with the subtle sweetness of an orange cake, creating a nice drink and snack combo for breakfast or a small lunch at work.
How do I make vanilla latte?
Here’s a simple recipe for a delicious Vanilla Latte:
- 1 shot (1 ounce) of espresso or 1/2 cup of strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup of milk (whole milk, 2%, almond milk, or any milk of your choice)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of vanilla syrup (adjust to your preferred sweetness)
- Whipped cream (optional, for garnish)
- Ground cinnamon or cocoa powder (optional, for garnish)
- Brew the espresso or strong coffee using your preferred method. If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use a stovetop Moka pot or a French press to make strong coffee.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it’s hot but not boiling. You can also use a milk frother to heat and froth the milk simultaneously.
- If using a milk frother, froth the hot milk until it becomes creamy and has a velvety texture. If you don’t have a frother, you can use a handheld frother or whisk to froth the milk manually.
- Pour the hot espresso or coffee into a mug.
- Add the vanilla syrup to the coffee and stir well to combine.
- Carefully pour the frothed milk over the coffee and vanilla syrup, holding back the foam with a spoon if necessary.
- Top the latte with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
- Optionally, sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon or cocoa powder on top for added flavor and presentation.
- Your Vanilla Latte is now ready to be enjoyed! Sip and savor the delightful combination of coffee and vanilla goodness.
Feel free to adjust the sweetness and milk-to-coffee ratio to suit your taste preferences.
You can also experiment with different types of milk or milk alternatives for a personalized touch.
Enjoy your homemade orange cake and vanilla latte!